Dalai is originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He has been using Blender since the beginning of his graduate study in Architecture and Urban Studies back in 2003. Since graduation he has worked with science communication through visual outreach.
His original tool of choice is pencil and an eraser. But given the digital times, Dalai made the open source 3d software Blender his new lair.
His participation in the Blender Community includes papers, workshops and talks presented at events such as the BlenderPRO, BlenderDay and GNUGRAF in Brazil, Che Blender in Argentina, Blender Conference in Amsterdam and Blender Workshop in Canada. He contributes with patches and code to Blender since its version 2.47.
To know more about his current endeavours visit: www.dalaifelinto.com
- Felinto, D., Pan, M., Game Development with Blender, Cengage, 2013.
- Zang, A., Felinto, D., Velho, L., Augmented Realiity Using Full Panoramic Captured Scene Light-Depth Maps, Siggraph Asia 2012
- Felinto, D., Zang, A. Velho, L., Production framework for full panoramic scenes with photo-realistic augmented reality, CLEI 2012
- Zang, A., Felinto, D., Velho, L.,Rendering synthetic objects into full panoramic scenes using light-depth maps, GRAPP 2013
- Bourke, P., Felinto, D., Blender and immersive gaming in a hemispherical dome, GSTF InternationalJournal on Computing (JoC), 2010
Blender Talks / Workshops
- 2013: Venezuela, BlenderVen – BGE , ArchiViz workshop, Programming course [planned]
- 2013: Brazil, Blender Pro – to be determined [planned]
- 2012: Brazil, Blender Pro – BGE presentation, sorted projects, Python workshop
- 2012: Amsterdam Blender Conference – Panorama Framework with Blender and ARLuxrender
- 2011: Brazil, Blender Pro – Programming course; Blender addons
- 2011: Amsterdam Blender Conference – Python Workshop
- 2010: Amsterdam Blender Conference – Cosmic Sensation
- 2010: Turin View Conference BGE Workshop
- 2009: Amsterdam Blender Conference – Fulldome for BGE
- 2009: Argentine, Che Blender – SketchUp and Blender; Immersive Domes
- 2008: Amsterdam Blender Conference – OceanViz
- 2008: Vancouver Blender workshop
- 2007: Brazil, Blender Pro – Blender and SketchUp; Sorted projects